Dry Ice Blasting
Dry Ice Blasting Technology
ARCS is a turn-key supplier of dry ice blasting equipment & pellets and can help you with your next plant maintenance project, shut down cleanups, press frame cleanings and more.
While it is a great option for press parts and press rooms, we DO NOT recommend dry ice blasting for printing rolls – the thermal effect this process has on the roll’s ceramic or chrome coating will lead to damage in a very short amount of time.
Dry Ice Blasting is environmentally friendly and provides a fast & effective alternative to other blasting and chemical cleaning methods.
Key benefits include:
- Dry Cleaning Process
- No Waste Disposal – The coating removed from the substrate can generally be done by sweeping or vacuuming the floor.
- Environmentally Friendly – Non-hazardous and non-toxic
- No Abrasion
- Time Saving – Allows your production equipment to be running while being cleaned, saving you dismantling time and down time
- Fast & Effective – Due to the high speed of dry ice blasting and the variety of nozzles sizes, cleaning can be done quickly, even in those hard-to-reach areas
- Cost Effective – Decreased down time and increased production, on-site cleaning, no dismantling and no chemical or solvent disposal fees to pay
Dry Ice Blasting is a blasting method that uses dry ice pellets as the blasting material. Dry Ice is CO₂ in solid form.
To better understand, there are three steps in Dry Ice Blasting:
- Kinetic – When dry ice pellets are accelerated in a jet of compressed air and strike a hard surface, the pellets crack and loosen the coating or soil on the substrate being cleaned.
- Thermal – The extreme low temperature (-79˚C/-110˚F) of the pellets makes the coating brittle, loosens it and allows the dry ice to dislodge the coating or soil.
- Sublimation – Dry ice permeates the coating and immediately sublimates, which means that the dry ice instantly goes from a solid state to a vapor state. This resulting increase in volume creates an “explosive” effect that lifts the coating off of the surface.
We are authorized resellers for Cold Jet and ASCO dry ice equipment. Cleaning with dry ice will bring almost any surface back to like-new conditions safely. It is a great substitute for solvent cleaning, power washing, or sandblasting when the surface cannot be compromised and when water or media entrapment could cause problems.
We can also supply you with the dry ice pellets that you need to get your job done. We work with several dry ice providers so we always have the resources to get dry ice to you when you need it! Our network includes many FOB points from coast-to-coast!
Call us for additional information on how Dry Ice can help your facility maintain a clean work environment.
We are more than happy to quote a complete system purchase or provide you with our rental rates.
Click here for our Additional Rental Terms and Conditions.
Not a printer? No problem!
We work with many companies in various industries that have a need for this type of cleaning method,
so please call us to discuss your project or visit our sister company’s website at http://www.escablast.com/.